ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Police activity on Voorhees mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s that elevation in Utah that is clouding your brain, or perhaps being intentionally obtuse, so let me break it down for you in relatively simple terms

The protesters message across the nation is getting diluted due to the bad apples, and the fact that the ones who mean well have not come out and spoke up against the bad ones causing the issues speaks volumes, and not in a good way

In regard to them caring about me, the old “zero ****s given” would be overstatement

I along with many others in this country, are a little little bit too busy worrying about shit that’s going on in this country, along with holding down full-time jobs and families

I worry about the homeless problem
I worry about the veterans
I worry about the economy
I worry about the future of this nation
I worry about homegrown terrorism
I worry about nearly 11,000,000 illegals coming unvented across the border

Hopefully you’re getting the point now, that I worry about shit that happens in this country first and foremost, before I take a stand against anything happening elsewhere

If you think Rutgers is heading on the right trajectory due to this compromise (and colleges in general) based on the last 30 to 40 years of indoctrination going on from the faculty on down, I don’t know what to tell you

It’s a huge reason, secondary to religion, that we will not be sending our daughter to public school after fifth grade, will be moving out of the north east down south, and she will be attending school down there as well

I will always be grateful for the lessons I learned up here and the childhood we had, but this place, and the northeast in general, is night and day from how we grew up, and not in a good way.

King Ron said it Best last night - if you act up and commit crimes and campuses in Florida, you will be arrested and expelled

No games, no bullshit, no safe spaces

Florida vies with Texas in terms of indoctrination

Here's how you can tell

Rutgers has 0 arrests.

Texas had dozens and they were all dismissed by prosecutors.

We were asked to avoid politics so I will just say I can give you a laundry list of federal judges who Ron would have professed to love who ruled against him and say he's the one indoctrinating.

OTOH, RU with the second largest Jewish population of any school. One of the largest Muslim ones. All flavors of protests. Everyone is welcome and shares their ideas peacefully and respectfully.

It's a free country, but if someone is avoiding that, IMO, they're the indoctrinated ones.

Here's how you can tell

Rutgers has 0 arrests.

We were asked to avoid politics so I will just say I can give you a laundry list of federal judges who Ron would have professed to love who ruled against him and say he's the one indoctrinating.

OTOH, RU with the second largest Jewish population of any school. One of the largest Muslim ones. All flavors of protests. Everyone is welcome and shares their ideas peacefully and respectfully.

It's a free country, but if someone is avoiding that, IMO, they're the indoctrinated ones.
As I’ve said multiple times, I am commending all parties for how this was handled at Rutgers. My hope is that it will not set a bad precedent in the future to where you can disrupt things, and even get them canceled or postponed, and make a laundry list of demands.

Unfortunately, that’s not how life works, and I do not believe it sets a good example to the younger generation.

As I’ve said multiple times, I am commending all parties for how this was handled at Rutgers. My hope is that it will not set a bad precedent in the future to where you can disrupt things, and even get them canceled or postponed, and make a laundry list of demands.

Unfortunately, that’s not how life works, and I do not believe it sets a good example to the younger generation.

It has how protest worked since the founding of our nation, which literally began with disrupting the tea trade.

Maybe if the Brits at the time had the brains of Holloway, we'd be saying it is a honour to be an RU alum lol

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
I keep thinking back to the anti-Vietnam protests in my days at Rutgers...ones in which I was a loud and proud participant. A lot of differences for sure. Back then a lot of the dunderhead reactionaries had most of the same complaints about the protests though. Much of the same old nonsense. Although the "making too much noise" one might have set a new standard for stupidity.
One big difference is that those protesting today can't be accused like the Vietnam era protesters were of just being scared of being sent off to fight in the jungles of Southeast Asia. Or that their boyfriends or brothers would be. As far as I can see self-interest is not a motivating factor for today's protesters.
And there were always some foaming-at-the-mouth extremists who were trying to promote violent activity during the Vietnam protests. We usually just assumed they were undercover agents for law enforcement trying to stir things up. I'm sure some of them were...just trying to single-handedly win the Cold War.
And undermine anyone who had the nerve to speak out against what the US was doing in Southeast Asia at the time.
There's one other massive difference which you omitted... the US was actively / directly involved in the Vietnam war, where as this situation is the latest in a 1000+ year battle that has nothing to do with us.

And before you speak to allies and funding, it's not the same

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Respect and they did not find themselves in the mess tge Ivies are in

And the students felt respected.

That's what the 1A is about- the right to be heard. We forget sometimes, other people just want to be heard sometimes.

Look at us on this board. Did we not call RU and the NJ gov demanding GS be returned? Same thing.

It has how protest worked since the founding of our nation, which literally began with disrupting the tea trade.

Maybe if the Brits at the time had the brains of Holloway, we'd be saying it is a honour to be an RU alum lol
Again, disrupting is one thing, but outright canceling or postponing is another thing

I look at it like this. If the kids are protesting on campus, and students either have to walk around them or take a different, even a longer route to hall to take it, that is disrupting.

Canceling altogether is what chaps my ass. That’s not how real life works.

As I stated, I had a meeting near BU where protest were suppusedly happening.

If I canceled the meeting based on those protest, I would not have closed the deal.

It is a paradigm for how real life works, and does not set a good president in my opinion.

Reactions: goru1869
There's one other massive difference which you omitted... the US was actively / directly involved in the Vietnam war, where as this situation is the latest in a 1000+ year battle that has nothing to do with us.

And before you speak to allies and funding, it's not the same

That is true and Vietnam was more severe on the basis of the draft alone. That said, the 1A doesn't vary because they're not sending the protester himself off to fight.

When I was at RU people protested on the Israel/Palestine issue plenty. It's not a new thing. It's just the media is more interested- IMO for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: Kbee3
And the students felt respected.

That's what the 1A is about- the right to be heard. We forget sometimes, other people just want to be heard sometimes.

Look at us on this board. Did we not call RU and the NJ gov demanding GS be returned? Same thing.
Valid point, and people would’ve flipped the hell out if he didn’t come back, and rightfully so

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Again, disrupting is one thing, but outright canceling or postponing is another thing

I look at it like this. If the kids are protesting on campus, and students either have to walk around them or take a different, even a longer route to hall to take it, that is disrupting.

Canceling altogether is what chaps my ass. That’s not how real life works.

As I stated, I had a meeting near BU where protest were suppusedly happening.

If I canceled the meeting based on those protest, I would not have closed the deal.

It is a paradigm for how real life works, and does not set a good president in my opinion.

They moved the finals to Cook as one poster mentioned. It's more aligned with the longer route.

Reactions: fsg2

It sets a precedent in the future on how NOT to get events cancelled or postponed.

LOL

The police arrested 0 people. No laws were broken.

I'm sure President Holloway is heartbroken to know the guy who took out an ad in a Texas newspaper to whine about Julie Hermann hates him because he embraces our beloved Constitution.
Wtf are you talking about now? Was that a joke? Or do you actually believe I paid a newspaper 1700 miles from the campus to print something about diversity hire Julie Hermann?

A peaceful resolution to a peaceful protest where both the school and students held ground.

Not one arrest. Not one act of violence.

The only people complaining are the anti-1A crowd.

All the press has been deservedly wonderful.

It's how universities and our country should work.
Make threats to get what you want?

Must be the elevation, as you either don’t read or don’t understand

Let me break it down for you in even easier terms

Yes, the message is diluted.
When you were not denouncing people who are asking for the same things, but doing much worse shit on university campuses, regardless of what your intentions are, it is not resonating

Rutgers compromised, which is great.
As I’ve said in previous post, I think all parties handled it the best they could given the situation in our country

But to say that everything went swimmingly, especially in light of canceling finals and the bad press that Ruckers received, dilutes the overall message

For what it’s worth, I don’t watch Fox News. I don’t really watch any news because the goal is degenerate ratings, and negativity brings ratings, and that is the type of stuff that I don’t like

I certainly don’t watch Fox News, or CNN for that matter, or any of the opinionated shows as that’s not my jam

ESPN, Big Ten network,, SEC network, even the shitty ACC network and some deadliest catch is what I watch

I’m writing a lot on this topic because I genuinely care what happens to this country, I love this country and do not want to see it go to shit, especially because we have enough problems here to worry about

In regard to talking football, I was one of the 8000 or so that was at the spring game. I’m the one donating to NIL and parroting the benefits. I’m the one donating to the R Fund, and I’m the one having season tickets for football and 3 other sports.

Besides posting on an anonymous football message board from 2000 miles away, what are you doing to help Rutgers athletics, and football in general?

I find this board is a wealth of information, but some extremely smart people, and successful people as well, hence the OT threads because I learned a lot from them and I find them super interesting

In regards to moving down south as of stated numerous times, that is the plan within the next 10 years

Once my wife is fully invested in the pension and will receive her maximum payout, as well as her benefits, we are out

Not hard to understand. Need to work amount of years in a certain district to qualify for X amount of money per month.

Once Florida State gets into the Big Ten, I will invite you, along with anyone else that would like to attend, to our imagural tailgate in the yellow lot

King Ron might even be there - you never know with that guy!!

What's a Ruckers?

• Haha
Reactions: RU205
That is true and Vietnam was more severe on the basis of the draft alone. That said, the 1A doesn't vary because they're not sending the protester himself off to fight.

When I was at RU people protested on the Israel/Palestine issue plenty. It's not a new thing. It's just the media is more interested- IMO for the wrong reasons.
I never claimed they didn't have the right to protest or anything about the 1A - simply said they were different.

The media is interested because the Rutgers protests we're discussing are substantially different than the ones occurring elsewhere. You know, the ones where people have been physically prevented from accessing parts of campus and in some cases physically beaten simply because they're jewish. That's reason enough for the media to cover.

Reactions: goru1869
I keep thinking back to the anti-Vietnam protests in my days at Rutgers...ones in which I was a loud and proud participant. A lot of differences for sure. Back then a lot of the dunderhead reactionaries had most of the same complaints about the protests though. Much of the same old nonsense. Although the "making too much noise" one might have set a new standard for stupidity.
One big difference is that those protesting today can't be accused like the Vietnam era protesters were of just being scared of being sent off to fight in the jungles of Southeast Asia. Or that their boyfriends or brothers would be. As far as I can see self-interest is not a motivating factor for today's protesters.
And there were always some foaming-at-the-mouth extremists who were trying to promote violent activity during the Vietnam protests. We usually just assumed they were undercover agents for law enforcement trying to stir things up. I'm sure some of them were...just trying to single-handedly win the Cold War.
And undermine anyone who had the nerve to speak out against what the US was doing in Southeast Asia at the time.

Did you ever think you'd be hearing an even dumber set of anti-1A whinges from people who weren't even born yet as from the early 20th century-born folks back then?

Maybe it’s that elevation in Utah that is clouding your brain, or perhaps being intentionally obtuse, so let me break it down for you in relatively simple terms

The protesters message across the nation is getting diluted due to the bad apples, and the fact that the ones who mean well have not come out and spoke up against the bad ones causing the issues speaks volumes, and not in a good way

In regard to them caring about me, the old “zero ****s given” would be overstatement

I along with many others in this country, are a little little bit too busy worrying about shit that’s going on in this country, along with holding down full-time jobs and families

I worry about the homeless problem
I worry about the veterans
I worry about the economy
I worry about the future of this nation
I worry about homegrown terrorism
I worry about nearly 11,000,000 illegals coming unvented across the border

Hopefully you’re getting the point now, that I worry about shit that happens in this country first and foremost, before I take a stand against anything happening elsewhere

If you think Rutgers is heading on the right trajectory due to this compromise (and colleges in general) based on the last 30 to 40 years of indoctrination going on from the faculty on down, I don’t know what to tell you

It’s a huge reason, secondary to religion, that we will not be sending our daughter to public school after fifth grade, will be moving out of the north east down south, and she will be attending school down there as well

I will always be grateful for the lessons I learned up here and the childhood we had, but this place, and the northeast in general, is night and day from how we grew up, and not in a good way.

King Ron said it Best last night - if you act up and commit crimes and campuses in Florida, you will be arrested and expelled

No games, no bullshit, no safe spaces
Move now, stop talking about it. There are some that have been mentioning it for over ten years.

Do you have a job that you can post all day about this subject?

Reactions: fsg2
Ahhh the old I have nothing to say so I’ll critique spelling like a second grade teacher

In regard to ball, Here’s what we’ll do - leave the football talk to the big kids and you worry about the X games

Man way to killjoy the levity, bro-dog.

Big boys don't generally need a "Life for Dummies" series written by rando message board posters. FYI.

What thre

Did you ever think you'd be hearing an even dumber set of anti-1A whinges from people who weren't even born yet as from the early 20th century-born folks back then?
Who is anti-1A?

Move now, stop talking about it. There are some that have been mentioning it for over ten years.

Do you have a job that you can post all day about this subject?

Right?

Guy calling others obtuse further proves my point in whatever that tl;dr diatribe was.

Here's how you can tell

Rutgers has 0 arrests.

Right? In what world is tear gassing college students a better outcome than coming to mutual an agreement to discuss further in the future?

And they say this is embarrassing for RU while cheering for that, lmao. So angry they don't even realize wtf it is they're saying.

I wonder if they'd be happier if the university got in one good cheap shot before they dispersed? Maybe a chair to the back, WWE style.

Right?

Guy calling others obtuse further proves my point in whatever that tl;dr diatribe was.
I’m flattered you follow my posts, but as I’ve said, countless times, we have a certain number in mind and then we will do so

Certainly not the Utah - nice place, but really our jam

When’s the last Rutgers game you attended?

Right? In what world is tear gassing college students a better outcome than coming to mutual an agreement to discuss further in the future?

And they say this is embarrassing for RU while cheering for that, lmao. So angry they don't even realize wtf it is they're saying.

I wonder if they'd be happier if the university got in one good cheap shot before they dispersed? Maybe a chair to the back, WWE style.
Nobody’s angry

It’s just that Florida doesn’t **** around, while New York and California have let these imbeciles completely take over their institutions

You don’t think what’s happening there is normal, do you?

1A had a whole different meaning during Vietnam. I definitely know, as I was one of maybe 100,000 males that, due to effective dates and legislation, were 1A with no student deferment during my year of eligibility.

Nobody’s angry

It’s just that Florida doesn’t **** around, while New York and California have let these imbeciles completely take over their institutions

You don’t think what’s happening there is normal, do you?

See, I actually say I don't care about what's happening 1,000s of miles away at universities with which I have absolutely zero affiliation and follow through. Don't follow UCLA or Columbia, don't care. As proof, those headlines have never even flirted with my algos from across the bar.

I only care about the RU one insomuch as it was a shining example of how to move on from a protest while respecting the Constitution and letylting students be students (i.e. protesting some critical cause they'll forget about by the time they sign a Summer '24 lease on a Belmar beach house). And yet, our own posters - the same who will cry and wagon-rally any time a newspaper says something critical about an R sports team - continue to use it to try to shame and smear their (and my) Alma mater (or not, in some cases).

Peace and quiet? No injuries? Little disruption of activities. A hell of a lot better outcome than many other places and leaving a good impression of the school.
So things they already had but were being threatened to be taken away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT