ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Winter Storm Sat Night/Sunday (2/17-18)?

5 inches here in Kinnelon. And since we were at freezing to start with roads are treacherous. I know because i chased my dog for about 2 miles a half hour ago

Yeah, but I bet WB and T will report that it's been just raining where they are, lol.
No its been snowing here since 7. But there is no way in hell Philly is getting 4 inches. If you don't believe me go rewatch channel 10 news that came on after golf. Was still raining than.

At 8:00:

MUKjDhF.jpg

At 8:20:

Kd3xX8k.jpg

These flakes are so freekin big instead of falling evenly they're making thousands of tiny mounds on the driveway. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Up to 2.75" as of 8:00 pm, which is 3/4" in the last half hour or 1.5" per hour. Wow. Pouring snow out there - true heavy snow with <1/4 mile visibility. Think we get to 5-6" before it ends around 11-12. 32F and roads are a mess in the region. Heard 4.5" in Morristown already.

As of 8:30 pm, we have 3.25", so 1" per hour the past half hour. Still coming down pretty heavily. Just went for a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, ran and slid down the driveway, made a snow angel, the usual stuff. This is a really gorgeous snow, since it's wet enough to stick to everything, especially since it's not windy. My friend just landed at EWR and he said even the major roads around there are a bit slushy in spots.

Just measured 5-5.5 inches of powdery snow in several spots in my yard in Morristown at 8:30

This storm is over performing

A guy on 33andrain just showed almost 7" on his "ruler," lol in the Morristown area - with banding, even 5 miles can make that difference. In the last storm I got 6.5" here and 5 miles SE of me got 9".

As of 8:30 pm, we have 3.25", so 1" per hour the past half hour. Still coming down pretty heavily. Just went for a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, ran and slid down the driveway, made a snow angel, the usual stuff. This is a really gorgeous snow, since it's wet enough to stick to everything, especially since it's not windy. My friend just landed at EWR and he said even the major roads around there are a bit slushy in spots.
So as of 9 pm we now have 4.0" of snow on the ground, which was a 1.5" per hour rate the past half hour. Pouring out there. Seriously pouring. Just made an abstract snowman,lol - great packing snow. Still 32F. Will absolutely make 5" now, but hoping for 6" of snow.

Reactions: Plum Street
Turned back to rain as I locked the door. Should be a slow ride home. Fire up a cigar. Only an inch but its a heavy inch.
Dont know what to expect at home. DJ on 101.5 said it bad outside the station

Turned back to rain as I locked the door. Should be a slow ride home. Fire up a cigar. Only an inch but its a heavy inch.
Dont know what to expect at home. DJ on 101.5 said it bad outside the station
Guy in Levittown reported 2.5" - Philly has been mostly on the wrong side of the edge tonight with only 1" reported in Center City - even NW Philly reporring 2" and KOP has 3"+. Drive safely, especially since could be a little sleet and freezing rain there.

This is biggest storm of the year here in Xtreme NE Morris county. I didn’t read thread but I assume the usual suspects were arguing impacts. Just goes to show how important it is where the rain/snow line sets up on these

Took 5 different measurements and each about 8 inches here on the Montville/Kinnelon Border

Still coming down here, and we've topped 8 inches so far. Pics in a moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT