ADVERTISEMENT

RU versus West Virginia U

yes, because he was fed up with Ash slapping him upside the head

Originally posted by obrats:
For those not watching, Morales was very frustrated and looked like he was trying to start a fight as time expired.

Originally posted by josh1728:
OBrats...you are right. this is a coaching mistake. And Hrymack needs to learn legs, defense and offense.

Smith gets another takedown. now up 7-3, plus riding. They are neutral. Hrymack does not use his lengths at all. His legs are huge targets. He needs to stay at 184. Hrymack gives up the major. This was really bad match for him.
Now if Bernard pinned again, we lose tiebreaker 19-19 due to their two pins.
Is it possible that the coaches thought having Hrymack battle against a 197lb was to aid his overall development at 184lb? Don't they work out with both lighter and heavier weighted kids in the room? That Parfumi makes 184 shows me how he is taking one for the team while Camp is out. Also impressed with Orr if he is cutting too much weight to make 165. I thought he wrestled pretty well. I guess Visicaro is done?

Hrymack has plenty of experience at 197. With a 13 pound spread and two years of experience since backing up Mike Wagner (left for Marines) I dont think wrestling him at 197 is helpful. He weighed in at 184, is not outmuscling guys, etc. If he were undefeated and destroying people, i get it. But i think he needs wins for seeding later, not experience at a weight we will not wrestle at again if Campo stays healthy. I haven't talked with staff, but i think they hoped we could pull off two wins. Pafumi barely lost, so they must have thought they would have traded wins with Hayden at 184, but wanted two wins.
Orr does work to cut to 165, but that is his best option, so he is being a trooper. Cutting 15-20 lbs from off season requires discipline and permits few diet mistakes, but that is the life of a Div I wrestler unless he beats Bakuckas. Orr is doing exactly what we need as a training partner and giving chart depth so Gravina does not need to return too early. Great Job Ethan!

Visicaro - A tough year. Lost to Gravina in wrestleoffs. Much more importantly, his father passed away a couple weeks ago. On wrestling side, Gravina and Orr are on the rise and Nick is staying about the same. Nick is a very nice guy and good teammate, still working hard in practice. We spoke at Hofstra match and he seems ok place considering the on+off mat issues. Frankly he has put in his time and another appearance in RU Singlet would be great, but we care about much more than that for him. We are working to make sure his next 50-60 years as an alumnus starts off well and he fully uses the advantages like knowing alums that hire and help like WNGarbarini, DantePuorro, Chris Peake, Tim Burklow Dave Bugen and our RU+SKWC network that will no hesitate to help him post-graduation. After you wrestle for 5 years, you become an RU Wrestling alum with us for the next 60 years.

Final Note: SKWC Pin Pool...we are at $630/pin. Cornell is at $800/pin. They made $4,000 yesterday with 5 pins. We had two for $1260 !! Don't let Big Red beat Scarlet Knights off the mat. Pledge $3, $5, $10 or anything you want up to $100 or more....Go to http://www.scarletknightswrestlingclub.com/pin-pool

SKWC Pin Pool (Make your pledge!!)

Originally posted by josh1728:
Hrymack has plenty of experience at 197. With a 13 pound spread and two years of experience since backing up Mike Wagner (left for Marines) I dont think wrestling him at 197 is helpful. He weighed in at 184, is not outmuscling guys, etc. If he were undefeated and destroying people, i get it. But i think he needs wins for seeding later, not experience at a weight we will not wrestle at again if Campo stays healthy. I haven't talked with staff, but i think they hoped we could pull off two wins. Pafumi barely lost, so they must have thought they would have traded wins with Hayden at 184, but wanted two wins.
Orr does work to cut to 165, but that is his best option, so he is being a trooper. Cutting 15-20 lbs from off season requires discipline and permits few diet mistakes, but that is the life of a Div I wrestler unless he beats Bakuckas. Orr is doing exactly what we need as a training partner and giving chart depth so Gravina does not need to return too early. Great Job Ethan!

Visicaro - A tough year. Lost to Gravina in wrestleoffs. Much more importantly, his father passed away a couple weeks ago. On wrestling side, Gravina and Orr are on the rise and Nick is staying about the same. Nick is a very nice guy and good teammate, still working hard in practice. We spoke at Hofstra match and he seems ok place considering the on+off mat issues. Frankly he has put in his time and another appearance in RU Singlet would be great, but we care about much more than that for him. We are working to make sure his next 50-60 years as an alumnus starts off well and he fully uses the advantages like knowing alums that hire and help like WNGarbarini, DantePuorro, Chris Peake, Tim Burklow Dave Bugen and our RU+SKWC network that will no hesitate to help him post-graduation. After you wrestle for 5 years, you become an RU Wrestling alum with us for the next 60 years.

Final Note: SKWC Pin Pool...we are at $630/pin. Cornell is at $800/pin. They made $4,000 yesterday with 5 pins. We had two for $1260 !! Don't let Big Red beat Scarlet Knights off the mat. Pledge $3, $5, $10 or anything you want up to $100 or more....Go to http://www.scarletknightswrestlingclub.com/pin-pool
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. The comments on the Visicaro situation were very informative and cast him in a different light. I was not sure if he was more of a Mario Mason who seemed to lose interest after an injury. I wish Nick nothing but the best.

Mario Mason: Came to our quad meet to open season. We sat together for about 30-40 minutes and caught up. He looks great. and is loyal to RU team. He is coaching and competing seriously in freestyle. I have never seen him happier and more focused. Coaching, wrestling and working. He is turning out to be a very good story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT