ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Adidas Uniforms Revealed then taken down

R1766U

Senior
Jan 17, 2014
NJ
Saw earlier on Twitter the new Adidas uniforms---did anyone else see them?? I think the tweet got deleted I can't find it anywhere.

One was all red with white numbers and RUTGERS across the chest in small blocky font. The other was all white with red numbers and RUTGERS across the chest.

Very simple aka plain/boring/vanilla...

Maybe someone here can find the pics---looked like they were screenshots from snapchat

Guess that is why it was taken down. They were very plain and simple...which I know some people wanted.

Last years uniforms without stripe on sleeves and pants so more boring if you can believe it.

Per another site,

Those uniforms that were revealed aren't the official ones. They are just the generic ones on display at hale center cause can't display Nike anymore and unis aren't complete...some random person took photos and shared.

That's why it was taken down and coach teased official gear.

Reactions: RedSpartan
Nike was clever. They cleaved uniforms away from colleges and made them Nike's. Schools don't have uniforms anymore. They have Nike uniforms with some legacy traces built in. I don't even pay attention anymore

Reactions: SHUSource
Nike was clever. They cleaved uniforms away from colleges and made them Nike's. Schools don't have uniforms anymore. They have Nike uniforms with some legacy traces built in. I don't even pay attention anymore

You're completely wrong. All of the traditional powerhouses and any school who is to be taken seriously still have the same boring uniforms they had forever ago. It's usually the weird schools who have goofy uniforms.

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fci-prod%2F2016%2F01%2F29%2F20160129183633_penn_state_jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fci-prod%2F2016%2F07%2F18%2F20160718220954_alabama_football_jpg

LSU_Tigers_defense_2015_6.jpg

2015_Oklahoma_uniforms_team_7.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

NATTY11-superJumbo.jpg

Anyone else see the new helmet? Gray helmet with silver new Knight logo ... I think with the gray cleats, we will have an all-gray uniform like the other adidas schools have had.
OURS:
4n7mbkJ.png

A&M
new-tamu-aggies-dark-onyx-adidas-uniforms-620x1404.jpg

Tenn
20131123_mje_bs1_542.0.jpg

Louisville's uniforms above are absolutely disgusting. Almost as bad as the shit Flood had us wear, some of the worst in college history. Ash wants a classic look (as do I) so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

You're completely wrong. All of the traditional powerhouses and any school who is to be taken seriously still have the same boring uniforms they had forever ago. It's usually the weird schools who have goofy uniforms.

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fci-prod%2F2016%2F01%2F29%2F20160129183633_penn_state_jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fci-prod%2F2016%2F07%2F18%2F20160718220954_alabama_football_jpg

LSU_Tigers_defense_2015_6.jpg

2015_Oklahoma_uniforms_team_7.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

NATTY11-superJumbo.jpg

And you know what else they all have in common?

BLOCK numbers
AND STRIPES! Bring. Back. The. Stripes. I'd take any of those except PSU & even they have a helmet stripe.

The gold spikes are the most intriguing to me. I wonder if we will have a uniform with gold in it...

The grey helmet looks awesome.

Reactions: rubigtimenow

That used to be mostly true but its not anymore. OSU, LSU and others jumped on the Nike "combat" wagon awhile ago. PSU and Bama are a few of the marginal holdouts. I say "marginal" because even if their uniforms look the same Nike still makes them uniforms (even just for playoff games) and runs media hype stories about them. Nike is like marketing AIDS - it builds itself into legacy schools genetic material and lives off them. Rutgers of course is one of the weird schools that nobody can say will look the same year to year.

OSU

yfLrUl0.jpg

Clemson

2y7JRn5.jpg

Oklahoma

0xSdgxY.jpg

LSU

CLGr5ah.jpg

OqiloWI.jpg

AND STRIPES! Bring. Back. The. Stripes. I'd take any of those except PSU & even they have a helmet stripe.

I hate our number font. It's horrible. I love block numbers. Look like a B1G team. When did Rutgers have stripes? The 90's?

Reactions: Leonard23
That used to be mostly true but its not anymore. OSU, LSU and others jumped on the Nike "combat" wagon awhile ago. PSU and Bama are a few of the marginal holdouts. I say "marginal" because even if their uniforms look the same Nike still makes them uniforms (even just for playoff games) and runs media hype stories about them. Nike is like marketing AIDS - it builds itself into legacy schools genetic material and lives off them. Rutgers of course is one of the weird schools that nobody can say will look the same year to year.

OSU

yfLrUl0.jpg

Clemson

2y7JRn5.jpg

Oklahoma

0xSdgxY.jpg

LSU

CLGr5ah.jpg

OqiloWI.jpg

They wear Pro combats once or twice a year.

And we can tie all of those looks together in a nice, neat an updated package....

• Shea era striped pants

• Anderson/Graber era helmet (with a Block R) and outlined numbers

• Schiano era RUTGERS across the front of the jersey

• Burns era bigger numbers

• Kroll/Old School era shoulder stripe

• NJ map silhouette on back of helmet or neck yolk for Ash era

• Flood era all white look (including helmet) for the road and games against the Academies, on 9/11 or Veterans Day with the Stars and Stripes Block R

Last edited:
And we can tie all of those looks together in a nice, neat an updated package....

• Shea era striped pants

• Flood era all white look (including helmet) for the road and games against the Academies, on 9/11 or Veterans Day with the Stars and Stripes Block R

Way too many stripes.

• Shea era striped pants

I'm good with all that except the Kroll era shoulder stripes, as I prefer stripes like LSU, Auburn, tOSU, Miami.

• Shea era striped pants

I'm good with all that except the Kroll era shoulder stripes, as I prefer stripes like LSU, Auburn, tOSU, Miami.
ll take the Miami unis or these old UL, current Auburn or UGA concepts:

Rutgers%2Bv%2BLouisville%2B5c1cl4f9M54x.0.jpg

aub-06-12-bluewhite-danielshirey-vert-620x930.jpg

4fe51ae29ab2e70a194f4cf923b370fb.jpg

UGA1.png

Now these are the excellent traditional uniforms!!! Was never crazy with Rutgers across the chest.
I like some elements of them & if updated like above would be happy.

Some of you guys just need to let go of the past and embrace the future.
Well the last attempt at the "future" was not well received so with these new ones lets look toward to the future with a nod to the past.

Way too many stripes.
Just used as an example. Hopefully an Adidas designer is inspired to come up with something better and fresher by looking at it.

As do I. Just using the Kroll era uniform to show we did have them before.

Reactions: Leonard23
[QUOTE="e5fdny, post: 2768780, member: 912"]Well the last attempt at the "future" was not well received so with these new ones lets look toward to the future with a nod to the past.

Just used as an example. Hopefully an Adidas designer is inspired to come up with something better and fresher by looking at it.

As do I. Just using the Kroll era uniform to show we did have them before.[/QUOTE]

70's, 80's, 90's for pants. GS got rid of them.

strips on the jerseys? the 60's
we also had stripes on the sleeves in the 80s, as I posted above & copied below, & IIRC the 90s jerseys had thin stripes on the elastic of the sleeves & v neck collar.
1410107343000-16.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT