WTF is the purple reign?

Huskies, you know, you know
You know times are changing
It's time for an upset
For something unexpected

Huskies say they want a national championship
But you have to get through R house
We think you better be prepared
And please explain WTF is the purple reign?

Purple reign, purple reign?
WTF am I singing about up here
C'mon, please explain

I only want to have you
Only want you to explain
WTF is the purple reign?

Last edited:
gameblouses-1461275037.gif

Look who's leading the team on the field September 1st!

PRINCE1.jpg

Loser mentality? Do you think we're even going to come close to winning this game?

Loser Mentality:
"I'll settle for a little offensive competence."
"UW 54
RU 3"

"UW 48
RU 10"

"I just hope it's a decent game, but pretty sure you're gonna crush us by 40."
--------------------

RU lost 48-13 last year.
We gained more in transfers and they lost more key pieces.

While we may not win, statements like those above, to me, personify a loser mentality. Sorry if you don't like that.

Reactions: RUforester72
Well.. Apparently at UW, they teach about 6-day weeks.. It is FRIDAY, August 11 and there are 18 days left until kickoff on FRIDAY, Sept 1.

If you're going to troll on here then don't pretend to be a UW fan. And btw most people on the west coast don't have a clue as to what a turnpike is.
I think your NCAA sim pretty much summed up my expectation. I'd love it if we kept it closer than that the whole way.. and if we go into the 4th with a small chance to pull it off.. that would be nice.

Many, many moons ago when Rutgers was new to the Big East.. we went to Miami to play a game.. I still remember the Rutgers contingent in the upper deck chanting "We're still here! We're still here!" at the start of the 4th because number 1 Miami had not yet put us away.

That's all I want to see.. signs of progress everywhere.. especially on O and in stopping those Jon Ross home run balls.. which should be easier with him gone. SMART football... and no blowout. That would be positive progress.

I think your NCAA sim pretty much summed up my expectation. I'd love it if we kept it closer than that the whole way.. and if we go into the 4th with a small chance to pull it off.. that would be nice.

Many, many moons ago when Rutgers was new to the Big East.. we went to Miami to play a game.. I still remember the Rutgers contingent in the upper deck chanting "We're still here! We're still here!" at the start of the 4th because number 1 Miami had not yet put us away.

That's all I want to see.. signs of progress everywhere.. especially on O and in stopping those Jon Ross home run balls.. which should be easier with him gone. SMART football... and no blowout. That would be positive progress.
It could be something like this ... Washington's first road game last season.

Reactions: Knight Shift
They are going to run on us. Myles Gaskin will have close to 200 yards.
This ^^ .. and part of the reason why is that Browning has been sucking big time this camp. Not all of it is his shoulder, some of it goes back to last season when he folded under pressure and instead of taking the sack he throws it up for grabs. He's been picked off god only knows how many times during camp.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2017/8/...football-dawgs-fall-camp-practice-recap-no-11 <--- read this ... even though it doesn't tell the whole story.

Watched Wash vs Oregon LLWS today. A bio says some of the Wash kids favorite food is not salmon, but crab. Is that true ?
Both were a biggy when I was a kid. We did a lot of salmon fishing in Puget Sound when I was growing up but we also set out a sh1t load of crab pots and shrimp pots along with picking oysters off the beach. The Asians all but killed the oyster beds by over harvesting ... illegally. They did the same with the crabs there.

Dungeness crab is the popular species there.

Crab3.jpg

And for salmon its tough to beat Chinook ... we call them King Salmon here in Alaska.

Westport-Salmon-credit-toddsextremefishing.jpg

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Both were a biggy when I was a kid. We did a lot of salmon fishing in Puget Sound when I was growing up but we also set out a sh1t load of crab pots and shrimp pots along with picking oysters off the beach. The Asians all but killed the oyster beds by over harvesting ... illegally. They did the same with the crabs there.

Dungeness crab is the popular species there.

Crab3.jpg

And for salmon its tough to beat Chinook ... we call them King Salmon here in Alaska.

Westport-Salmon-credit-toddsextremefishing.jpg
Almost 50 years ago went on a party boat off of Wash and caught some silver salmon. Had to buy a special permit and you were only allowed to keep two.
They punched your permit card to record your fish. Rough trip getting to the ocean with waves in every direction, but fun once the boat reached the fishing location. The local residence would filet the salmon and freeze them in 1/2 gallon cardboard milk containers.

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
Almost 50 years ago went on a party boat off of Wash and caught some silver salmon. Had to buy a special permit and you were only allowed to keep two.
They punched your permit card to record your fish. Rough trip getting to the ocean with waves in every direction, but fun once the boat reached the fishing location. The local residence would filet the salmon and freeze them in 1/2 gallon cardboard milk containers.
It sounds like you went to Westport or Ocean Shores. Some great fishing there to be had, especially for tuna.

It sounds like you went to Westport or Ocean Shores. Some great fishing there to be had, especially for tuna.
My buddy had relatives in Lacey, Wa so we went somewhere west. Could have been Westport. A good size dock with plenty of boats and some down and dirty eateries. I think it was the beginning of May, 1971 and I was in the Army in Colorado. Caught trout there, west of Colorado Springs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT