ADVERTISEMENT

4 days until kickoff you east coast pizza pie eating heathens :P

I think if Kill wanted to be a head coach, he'd be one right now.

When the B1G network camp tour crew said to Jerry that he looked really good and asked if he was doing anything special for his health, he said "Yeah ... not being a head coach anymore".
Remember he's just getting back into the coaching scene and he might feel he can handle another HC position , due to the lifestyle changes he made, after a couple of years at the OC position.
I wouldn't be all that surprised if he decided in a couple of years that his health was good enough to go back to being a HC,but at a school that he felt comfortable at and probably in the Midwest .
If KState did hire Bill Synder's son Sean as their HC if Bill retires after this one, Kill might be looked at very hard by that school in 3 years if Sean isn't working out and Kill feels healthy enough to take on being HC again
I don't think if Sean replaces his father JK will be asked to be the Wildcats OC,
Dana Dimel has done a great job as Bill's OC and also has HC experience ( Wyoming & Houston) so he can mentor Sean along with the father advising his son .

Yes I think Jerry will go back to being a HC in the future and feel KState might be a place he goes if Synder's son doesn't look like he can keep that program close to the way his father had it.

Kill hasn't coached a single snap as an OC yet, and people are already talking about him moving on to be a HC again.

Someone posed the thought...nobody annointed him to a HC position already.

Would you rather talk about gas grills or lawn mowers then?

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
Job number one for Kill was to coach up the O line enough to be more competitive than last year. If he succeeded with that, we have a chance to execute some wrinkles (old and/or new). Otherwise... not so much.

Wouldn't that primarily fall on Blazek's shoulders?

Someone posed the thought...nobody annointed him to a HC position already.

Just feel like we're getting waaaay ahead of ourselves with that one. Plenty to talk about 8 days out from a game without worrying that our brand new OC is going to leave to take a HC job.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Wouldn't that primarily fall on Blazek's shoulders?
Sure. But regardless of who's job it is to do what, without a more functional O line than we had last season, all the wrinkles in the world will make little difference. We need the O line to move some people around and protect better.

Coaches can come up with brilliant plays/schemes. But unless the players execute them correctly, we fans are never going to see all the different kinds of wrinkles the coaches have drawn up.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...on/huskies-insider-blog/article168859817.html
Washington Huskies’ roll call — Week 1 opponent is Rutgers

rutgers_ash

Sure. But regardless of who's job it is to do what, without a more functional O line than we had last season, all the wrinkles in the world will make little difference. We need the O line to move some people around and protect better.

Coaches can come up with brilliant plays/schemes. But unless the players execute them correctly, we fans are never going to see all the different kinds of wrinkles the coaches have drawn up.

I think just having more snaps with a FB/TE will help the line. We spent a lot of time in 4 wide with a RB last year, with no extra blockers. Just on scheme alone, that should help with run blocking and protection.

I think just having more snaps with a FB/TE will help the line. We spent a lot of time in 4 wide with a RB last year, with no extra blockers. Just on scheme alone, that should help with run blocking and protection.
I hope you're correct.

Reactions: ron313
Kill hasn't coached a single snap as an OC yet, and people are already talking about him moving on to be a HC again.
He's on the short list to be the next member of the Supreme Court.
I'd rather talk about where Central New Jersey starts.

Well that is an easy one...start in the north..when the response changes from Taylor Ham to pork roll, you have hit Central Jersey.

Blazek seems like a good coach and very in tune with these kids, and a super nice person to boot. He has a good handful of players with very good potential. Develop them properly, and we will see improvement all around the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: mildone
Just feel like we're getting waaaay ahead of ourselves with that one. Plenty to talk about 8 days out from a game without worrying that our brand new OC is going to leave to take a HC job.

While I don't think that is the main thought of the majority, that was brought up even as early as the day his hiring was announced. I think he stays for a while, especially if he is successful and he stays healthy. And I agree, plenty more to talk about 8 days out.

Hahahah. I swear I looked at the first post in this thread and said to myself, I bet this ends up as RU fans bickering with each other and ignoring the Husky fans. :)

Reactions: ron313

Also in line to be nominated Governor of NJ
Giving new meaning to the phrase: "Kill the Governor " [laughing]

Rutgers came out very sloppy vs s good wash team and paid for it, second half was better. This will be a much better game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT