ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State match ups

Bms22

Freshman
Feb 5, 2018
Now that we have some matches under our belts and know Lipari is leaving how are we stacking up against Fresno State? Wrestlestat has it 28-6 but we all know how those predictions go based on how the data is calculated. I think we match up well and will win. 133, 141, 149 and 157 are toss ups and I think we lose 174.

Aguilar vs Garcia 3-0
Alvarez vs Joint 6-0
Aragona vs Lloren 6-3
Angelo vs Gaxiola 6-6
MVB vs Wright 6-9
Turley vs Kemp 9-9
Grello vs Hemauer 9-12
Janzer vs Cruz 13-12
Pagano vs Reyes 16-12
Colucci vs Gonzalez 19-12 RU win

IMO, Aragona won't lose to Lloren, Grello won't lose to Hemauer, doubt Angelo will lose to Gax and I think MVB will beat Kemp (could be close).

Not sure why AJ Nevills isn't listed at 285 for FSU.

I'm guessing the OP was taken from Wrestlestat, which is dicey this early in the season :-)

Last edited:
IMO, Aragona won't lose to Lloren, Grello won't lose to Hemauer, doubt Angelo will lose to Gax and I think MVB will beat Kemp (could be close).

Not sure why AJ Nevills isn't listed at 285 for FSU.

I'm guessing the OP was taken from Wrestlestat, which is dicey this early in the season :-)

AJ was held out of the early duals so I went with who has been on the mat. If he does wrestle then they take 285. I'm happy you are optimistic but this won't be a blow out

Reactions: Abro1975
AJ was held out of the early duals so I went with who has been on the mat. If he does wrestle then they take 285. I'm happy you are optimistic but this won't be a blow out

LOL, no problem. I underestimated Utah Valley last year. I'll be watching a lot of wrestling between our 2 dual matches in Cali and the Bill Farrell Tourney.

Edit- AJ Nevills is in NYC competing at the Bill Farrell Tourney, along with Nick Suriano and Mauro Correnti (Matt's older brother ) for an Olympic Trial berth.

Last edited:
tough to say, as we don't really know who either team will put out there, but my guess is:

Aguilar dec Garcia 3-0
Alvarez dec Joint 6-0
Aragona maj Lloren 10-0
Gaxiola dec Angelo 10-3
Wright dec MVB 10-6
Turley maj Kemp 14-6
Grello dec Hemauer 17-6
Janzer maj Cruz 21-6
Pagano maj Reyes 25-6
Colucci dec Gonzalez 28-6

Wouldve liked to see Colucci vs Nevills again as I believe they went to OT last year, but AJ has bigger fish to fry this weekend. Hope he does well in the Olympic trials.

Now that we have some matches under our belts and know Lipari is leaving how are we stacking up against Fresno State? Wrestlestat has it 28-6 but we all know how those predictions go based on how the data is calculated. I think we match up well and will win. 133, 141, 149 and 157 are toss ups and I think we lose 174.

Aguilar vs Garcia 3-0
Alvarez vs Joint 6-0
Aragona vs Lloren 6-3
Angelo vs Gaxiola 6-6
MVB vs Wright 6-9
Turley vs Kemp 9-9
Grello vs Hemauer 9-12
Janzer vs Cruz 13-12
Pagano vs Reyes 16-12
I watched them wrestle Army at the Battle on the Midway. Don't ask me how, I get some weird channels and it just happened to be on. Army whopped them pretty good. The 184 lber Cruz(FSU)is a hot head. Was getting beat pretty good then tried some WWF crap from his feet. With Army guy hanging on his back jumped off his feet backwards slamming the Army guy and DQed. Also saw that Johnny Sebastian is now wrestling for Wisconsin. He lost, I liked that match.

Aguilar vs Garcia 3-0
Alvarez vs Joint 6-0
Aragona vs Lloren 6-3
Angelo vs Gaxiola 6-6
MVB vs Wright 6-9
Turley vs Kemp 9-9
Grello vs Hemauer 9-12
Janzer vs Cruz 13-12
Pagano vs Reyes 16-12

Where can we watch this? Would R-vision have it? BTN+?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT