ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

I hate Nashville.

tumblr_nf7vazUjNG1spx4u4o1_250.jpg
Supposed to be a great gameday experience.

Supposed to be a great gameday experience.
It’s a unique game day experience. Live music, some fun things going on, but uninformed about the game of hockey.

Have family out there for my whole life so been to my share of games out there. It’s certainly a one of a kind environment. Fun the first time, a little gimmicky after that.

Entertaining game in Dallas tonight 2-2 after the second period. I want to give a shout out to the ref's tonight. They have been consistent and fair, this is the best officiated game I have witnessed in awhile.

Hopefully the Devils can win, so they don't hit the break on a losing streak.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Jack Hughes MVP, at least for the NJD. Great game. Patty's goal record in serious jeopardy!

Reactions: RUShea
Is there any other team in the league that would have a forward on a roll like Chytil (7 goals and 3 assists in the last 10 games) and give him 8th most (previous game) and 7th most (last night) amount of ice time among their forwards?

Chytil has played exactly half a season and has 29 points. A 58 point pace with limited power play time and 3rd line minutes is outstanding..

If they do anything besides re-sign him at the end of the year I don’t know how I will handle it.

Is there any other team in the league that would have a forward on a roll like Chytil (7 goals and 3 assists in the last 10 games) and give him 8th most (previous game) and 7th most (last night) amount of ice time among their forwards?

Chytil has played exactly half a season and has 29 points. A 58 point pace with limited power play time and 3rd line minutes is outstanding..

If they do anything besides re-sign him at the end of the year I don’t know how I will handle it.
Chytil needs to teach Kreider how to forecheck, his timing and stick placement at present is really good.

Here’s Moneypuck’s list of the forward lines that played at least 200 minutes ranked top 25 for 5v5 Goal % (goals for versus goals against).

-makes not having the Kid line together until recently look stupid

-the only player that made the list on two different lines is Kakko

Bratt made a great play to set him up
Reports are contract talks are off to a slow start with Bratt. Tom Fitzgerald needs to get on the ball.

For cap space, I would expect a trade or two most are not expecting or even an overpay to get rid of salary.

Quite ironic bruh 😆

Where he was drafted and the expectations , he has busted. He’s not a bad checking 3rd line wing though.
I was going to retort “keep embarrassing yourself”, but since you are the one littering this thread with overwrought first period posts about how much your own team sucks, before they come back and win and you act like your earlier post never happened., your continued presence here means you may lack the capability to be embarrassed (along with the capability to reason).

Kakko is a bust
Busting balls is 1 thing, but here is the scuttlebutt. Even with the slower than anticipated start to his ( KK ) career, same goes with Laf, if the NYR put either one in their trade package for Timo Meier, the Devils would have to add Dawson Mercer and/or Simon Nemec. Now I wouldn't want to trade either of them.

Busting balls is 1 thing, but here is the scuttlebutt. Even with the slower than anticipated start to his ( KK ) career, same goes with Laf, if the NYR put either one in their trade package for Timo Meier, the Devils would have to add Dawson Mercer and/or Simon Nemec. Now I wouldn't want to trade either of them.

IMO, Mercer and Nemec will both be better as a pair than the other two players mentioned

But we’ll find out

Reactions: TM94goRU
IMO, Mercer and Nemec will both be better as a pair than the other two players mentioned

But we’ll find out
I agree. I posted it because it shows that both Kakko and Laf are still thought as elite prospects. I would much rather give up this year's first round pick, then either Mercer or Nemec, and I don't want to go there either.

I agree. I posted it because it shows that both Kakko and Laf are still thought as elite prospects. I would much rather give up this year's first round pick, then either Mercer or Nemec, and I don't want to go there either.
Unfortunately for the Rangers, Kakko shows a lot more signs of being an excellent player than Lafreniere right now.

If you went back in this thread to discussions questioning all of the Ranger prospects, you will see that I pointed out underlying numbers showing that Chytil, the entire time he was a Ranger, was a much better player than the Rangers use of him made him appear. Now, everybody is seeing how good he is.

Kakko is in a similar situation right now. His defensive and puck possession numbers paint him as a possible future Selke winner (if Bergeron ever retires), and for two years now every line he plays on does better than it does without him. He is not going to put up elite numbers like Hughes, but he is going to be a really good player on a team’s first line who plays the 200 foot game so that his linemates are able to score much more than they would without him.

Lafreniere has 5v5 production that show he should be an NHL player, but nothing is showing in his numbers to contradict the idea that his rating as a #1 pick was completely wrong.

I was going to retort “keep embarrassing yourself”, but since you are the one littering this thread with overwrought first period posts about how much your own team sucks, before they come back and win and you act like your earlier post never happened., your continued presence here means you may lack the capability to be embarrassed (along with the capability to reason).
I've enjoyed this thread a lot more since putting that buffoon on ignore. The only thing I miss is his laughably wrong predictions. Off the top of my head there was the game in December that he was sure the Devils would get crushed by the Flyers because they aren't physical enough to compete with them and the game against the Rangers a few weeks ago that was supposed to be a slaughter, both of which were Devils wins. Also his prediction about a month ago that the Devils would be out of a playoff spot by the end of January. Welp it's the end of January and they went 9-2-2 this month and are 3rd in the league with a 12-point cushion over the first non-playoff spot with four teams in between.

I've enjoyed this thread a lot more since putting that buffoon on ignore. The only thing I miss is his laughably wrong predictions. Off the top of my head there was the game in December that he was sure the Devils would get crushed by the Flyers because they aren't physical enough to compete with them and the game against the Rangers a few weeks ago that was supposed to be a slaughter, both of which were Devils wins. Also his prediction about a month ago that the Devils would be out of a playoff spot by the end of January. Welp it's the end of January and they went 9-2-2 this month and are 3rd in the league with a 12-point cushion over the first non-playoff spot with four teams in between.

Too funny that I’m renting space 😆

If I was on ignore you wouldn’t see my posts.

I was right on that Devils-Philly game

You’re not too smart of a hockey fan.
Remember you spread fake news here on how the Rangers prospect Cherepanov died.

I think you’re a youth hockey official? Stick to officiating

If GG trusted Chytil on defensive draws, he and that line would have their minutes increased.
I also wouldn’t doubt Chytil and Kakko would make formidable PK duo….that would also increase minutes.
I get you’re mainly talking about 5 on 5 Krup… but once again, lack of confidence in defensive draws kills their minutes

If GG trusted Chytil on defensive draws, he and that line would have their minutes increased.
I also wouldn’t doubt Chytil and Kakko would make formidable PK duo….that would also increase minutes.
I get you’re mainly talking about 5 on 5 Krup… but once again, lack of confidence in defensive draws kills their minutes
I am not as concerned with the PK because they have a good amount of forwards proficient on that. I am more concerned about the power play.

The only possible reason Chytil isn’t on PP1 now is faceoffs. Well, having Chytil and his shot opposite Mika would make the PP a lot more dangerous. It would be better to lose possession on PP faceoffs a few times but be dangerous when you do have the puck, versus the situation we have now, where the Rangers have zone possession on the power play but aren’t dangerous because everyone knows they want to get the puck to Mika.

Just when you thought the Metro couldn't get any tougher:

Islanders need to make sure they can sign extend him.

That's a hefty price for him - 3 premier assets for an expiring contract. They'd have to move / sign him like they did JPG?

With the NYI getting Horvat, Tarashenko back on Devils radar as possible cheaper Plan B to Timo Meier.

Tom Fitzgerald has said they don't want a straight rental. The Sharks will allow teams to talk to Meier before trade.

A lot for a guy with an expiring contract. The assets are good for Bo. There is talent there.
He allegedly already turned down 8 x 8 from the Canucks, and has an unsustainable shooting percentage. He is pretty much like Kreider last year.

He would have been a good pickup for some teams, I don’t see how he improves the Isles enough to make them a contender,

Last edited:
Lou wouldn’t trade for him if he knew he wouldn’t extend him
A source who broke the trade early says a contract is already worked out, but Horvat said they didn’t talk before the trade so that would be very fast.

Last edited:
FYI Timo Meier is on vacation with Nico Hischier, Jonas Seigenthaler, Tomas Tatar and Erik Haula right now. If they let teams talk to him before a trade I think we have a real good shot.

Something like a 1st, Holtz and Mukhamadulin/Gritsyuk/Boqvist/Filmon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT