ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big winter storm next weekend (01/22-01/24)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower Bucks. Snowing hard didn't take long for the brined streets to get covered

Man, we haven't gotten any snow up here - I feel cheated! Did someone cancel the storm?

Steady near heavy snow here. No wind yet. Coming straight down. Thoughts and prayers to the Jersey Shore crowd. Especially knightfan7. Stay dry my friend

Phew, the Cub Scouts got smart and postponed the Klondike Derby which was supposed to be tomorrow morning at 8. They've been hedging their bets all day, finally the state park where it's being held announced it would be closed, forcing their hand.

While I think it's of course smart to cancel, there is something funny about calling off a Klondike Derby because of snow.

Flurries started in Linden about 9:15pm.

Christie declared state of emergency

Short range hi resolution model showing extremely heavy snow at 10am.

12523127_1028520737191512_2403864585876834143_n.jpg

wimps! Isn't the Klondike Derby about pulling sleds? My last Klondike Derby was at Camp Allamuchy up off of Rt 80, circa 1976 or so. We had 20 degree weather, snow and teepee tents with cotton sleeping bags.

Yes! Klondike derby was easily the worst event/trip. Pulling a heavy ass 2x4 "sled" loaded with gear up and down the rocky trails at allamuchy. What a ridiculous trip that was.

Mt Holly just raised NNJ, where I am, to 18-24. After Nemo this is what you will see. Start on the low forecasts and go up as you get closer

No one wants to make a mistake like that again

As somebody with a beach home, this storm is scary. House hasn't been raised & suffered about 2 1/2 feet of water in 1st floor during Sandy.
Called a friend, who is a top realtor, in the Point Pleasant /Seaside area earlier today to get his perspective. Said he heard water levels could reach 4' over mean high tide. They were apparently 7' over during Sandy. Going to be a close call for a lot of people.

NAM is the WINNER. Nick Gregory upped his amounts to 18 to 24 for NY which means 24 plus for us.

And to all the wishes that hoped for 30 inches there you go. Hope your conscios bothers you with all the deaths and hardships to come.

Reactions: bac2therac
Lee Goldberg 12-18 throughout the area except very northern NJ 6-12...parts of central and southern jersey to get 20+ depending on banding

will Lonnie Quinn raise his totals..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT