ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 2/21

I don't even know how you properly compare RU and UNC. Both teams are being cited by the experts as having extreme resumes in that ours is crazy/unique and theirs is the definition of safe.

On bracket matrix we are one place above then fwiw.

Question for both teams is how they finish out the year.

UNC has only one opportunity for a "good win" left, and it's a rivalry game on the road at Duke, and two risks of bad losses.

Rutgers has 3 opportunities for good wins, and one risk of a bad loss.

Fortunes can change very quickly over the next two weeks depending on the outcomes of those games.

8 Arkansas fouls, 1 Florida foul so far in the second half. Wild.

Yeah maybe true but as much as you do not want to acknowledge how good a win that was when we couldn’t make 10 layups or 5-7 foot shots and should have been a 10-15 point win , I find your thought offensive to any Rutgers fan. You minimize every great accomplishment this team and the last 3 years under Pike have accomplished. It is getting old having to defend Rutgers on this board with your takes.
So untrue. I have said many many times that Pike should have a statue in front of the RAC.

anyway this has nothing NOTHiNg to do with how good Rutgers is? This is about Rutgers as a NCAA team. 2 total and separate things

So untrue. I have said many many times that Pike should have a statue in front of the RAC.

anyway this has nothing NOTHiNg to do with how good Rutgers is? This is about Rutgers as a NCAA team. 2 total and separate things
How would you know how good Rutgers is ? You don’t use your eyes. Now you try to minimize every ranked win from # 1 to # 16 and minimize wins against other teams in the tourney or on the bubble that media and coaches thought they deserved to be rated where they were rated. Keep going

How would you know how good Rutgers is ? You don’t use your eyes. Now you try to minimize every ranked win from # 1 to # 16 and minimize wins against other teams in the tourney or on the bubble that media and coaches thought they deserved to be rated where they were rated. Keep going
We are 16-10. We are a bubble team. Right now we are playing like a Top 25 team. Need to keep winning. At least 2 more

Texas Tech up on Oklahoma early 2nd half.

Miami blowing out Pitt

I'll give props to Iowa who I previously called fraud-y. Didn't think they had it in them to beat Ohio State in Columbus and Michigan State by 26. That's going to end up looking like a really good win for us.
Iowa is maybe the next best after Rutgers/OSU

Not when we played them.
Another one of my pet peeves. People playing no attention of when you played a team. Did you play them when they were playing like a top 25 team and you beat them straight up as compared to beating a fringe top 25 team when they are in the middle of a losing streak playing crappy basketball. The NET and other metrics do not take that crap into account. But a committee member doing a deeper dive into someone ‘s resume , should definitely factor that win with a little extra star next to it.

This isn't bubble talk but Nebraska can't bring back Fred Hoiberg at this point, can they?

EDIT: More non-bubble... it's wild that Chris Arcidiacono plays for Villanova and Trey Patterson doesn't. Jay Wright is so good at coaching players to understand their role and thrive in it.

I know it's a trope that "the bubble is weak" comes up every year but the bubble is WEAK this year. Everyone in the First Four Out and Next Four Out keeps losing.

At this point I think the Big 12 is most likely to get 6 bids (it looked like 7 last week but Oklahoma, Kansas State, and West Virginia kept losing). The Atlantic-10 (looking for 2), MWC (looking for 4), and WCC (looking for 4) stand to benefit most.

TCU has a rough schedule

at Texas
Texas Tech
Kansas
at WVU

they could lose all 4, even a win over WVU probably would still leave them needing a win in the Big 12 tourney to get a bid
A five-bid Big 12 would be insane. But you're right it's in play (I give it maybe 5%, but still)

BTW I know you mentioned Vanderbilt as a longshot possibility and they're up in the first half against Alabama right now. But they have H2H losses against VCU and SMU, that's going to be bad for them if they work their way into the conversation.

How far down is Sparty slipping? Their win at Wiscy and over Uconn are carrying them right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT