ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

I think there is a good chance Quinn will someday join his brothers here, but it probably wouldn't happen till the end of his current contract, his $7.9M hit is too much.

But the other thing is do we even need Quinn?

In case anyone needed to be reminded how much and for how long Glenn Sather has been killing the Rangers, the Rangers had Conn Smythe winner Marchessault on a one year minor league deal after he went undrafted. Sather didn’t offer him another contract while the Rangers had exclusive rights, even though Marchessault was an AHL all star and third highest scoring AHL rookie, and he jumped to Columbus when he became a free agent.
Stop. He wasnt protected by florida in the expansion draft. Columbus kicked him to the curb and tampa (theyre kinda well run, no?) did as well

Yeah I was just being sarcastic because earlier in this thread, kyk said Bratt isn't re-signing, and when I asked where he heard that, he just said, "Well known Bratt wants out, not gonna get into it." 🤡
It was well known bratt wanted out. Widely reported after last offseason and the jonny saga went down. Devs gave him what him max term and he stayed.

Laviolette said the right things yesterday.
Rangers have top end talent up front and that includes Chytil.
Collectively they are clueless how to puck retrieve and support each other.
We know Kreider is big and has great net presence, but it will be a tall order for the new coaching staff to change a 32 year old with good numbers.
He is the poster boy for soft play, no pursuit outside of the stretch play and no jam.
He’s the softest 230 pound forechecker with great speed in the league.
I do not think he won’t commit to trying it, as Laviolette said it has to become habit and part of your DNA.
He has never been asked or challenged by a coach to make that commitment imo!
Torts says helllllo

Stop. He wasnt protected by florida in the expansion draft. Columbus kicked him to the curb and tampa (theyre kinda well run, no?) did as well
Just because other teams also made the mistake doesn’t mean you can’t include it in the long line of Sather f**kups.

Reactions: RU Cheese
I would love to get him but I can't see it happening, first he's not going to come cheap assets wise, this would be nothing like the package that delivered us Timo, it probably start with Mercer or Nemec to get it done.

The biggest hurdle would be his contract, it would be on the level of what Timo is looking for, I don't know how we would fit him under the cap.

But boy, he would be perfect for what we need.
Mercer or Nemec aren’t being traded. Jets have a 30 year old goalie that has one year left on his contract and wants out . He’s looking to cash in. How many teams are lining up for him and have the cap space to fit him in ? Very limited

Just because other teams also made the mistake doesn’t mean you can’t include it in the long line of Sather f**kups.
Haha stop, saying JM was a fvck up on slats behalf is blasphemy.

1) JM wasnt drafted
2) 4 separate franchises dumped him
3) he didnt score double digit goals in the nhl until he was 26 years old. But arent you the same type that thinks laff should be shitcanned for only scoring 19 at age 21?

This is like the idiots who saying getting rid of duclair was a fvck up

Haha stop, saying JM was a fvck up on slats behalf is blasphemy.

1) JM wasnt drafted
2) 4 separate franchises dumped him
3) he didnt score double digit goals in the nhl until he was 26 years old. But arent you the same type that thinks laff should be shitcanned for only scoring 19 at age 21?

This is like the idiots who saying getting rid of duclair was a fvck up
Unlike you, I am honest enough to look at the decision based on the information the Rangers had available to them at the time, not make insults like an a**hole using events from later years that had nothing to do with their decision.

Marchessault was the 3rd leading scorer among first year AHL players in his year in the Ranger system, made the AHL all star game, and the Rangers didn’t offer him a contract when they had exclusive rights.

Keep defending “if I had the Rangers payroll I would never lost a game” Sather’s tenure as a failure with the Rangers. You are only making yourself look more stupid.

Reactions: RU Cheese
It was well known bratt wanted out. Widely reported after last offseason and the jonny saga went down. Devs gave him what him max term and he stayed.
If he wanted out and had no intention of signing an extension he would have forced the devils hand like Tkachuk did with the flames. Also what Debrincat and Hellebuyck are currently doing with their respective teams. Show us where he wanted out ?

Reactions: goru1869
Torts says helllllo
Torts played a defensive shell with a non aggressive, retreating forecheck.
His motto was “be on the right side of the puck”
Opposite of the relentless puck pressure you see today.
Kreids is soft on the puck and the worst forechecker on the Rangers

Last edited:
Unlike you, I am honest enough to look at the decision based on the information the Rangers had available to them at the time, not make insults like an a**hole using events from later years that had nothing to do with their decision.

Marchessault was the 3rd leading scorer among first year AHL players in his year in the Ranger system, made the AHL all star game, and the Rangers didn’t offer him a contract when they had exclusive rights.

Keep defending “if I had the Rangers payroll I would never lost a game” Sather’s tenure as a failure with the Rangers. You are only making yourself look more stupid.
Haha u might wanna peep the ahl all star teams annually and get back to me.

Reality? Rangers did make him an offer but didnt have exclusive rights to him and he opted to sign with Columbus.

“I didn’t leave because of the money,” said Audy-Marchessault. “The offers were about the same, but I thought I had a better chance to make the NHL with Columbus. I loved the Rangers organization, very classy, but I had to think of it as a business. I knew I would make my mark again with the Whale, but it’s everyone’s dream to play in the NHL, and I thought I had a better chance with the Blue Jackets.”

If he wanted out and had no intention of signing an extension he would have forced the devils hand like Tkachuk did with the flames. Also what Debrincat and Hellebuyck are currently doing with their respective teams. Show us where he wanted out ?
He made it known last summer he wanted out. They must have mended their disagreements.

He did not like how the jonny thing went down, he felt they valued jonny over him being that they wouldnt give him remotely near the same aav. Also, didnt like it to the point he didnt agree to sign anything more than a 1 year deal to put the pressure on the devs and display his displeasure despite the fact they offered him a long term deal last summer and he said no. Im not gonna name names here, but youre gonna have to trust me on this one, I believe zap is familiar with the guys I know within the organization and dont share the names zapp haha

He made it known last summer he wanted out. They must have mended their disagreements.

He did not like how the jonny thing went down, he felt they valued jonny over him being that they wouldnt give him remotely near the same aav. Also, didnt like it to the point he didnt agree to sign anything more than a 1 year deal to put the pressure on the devs and display his displeasure despite the fact they offered him a long term deal last summer and he said no. Im not gonna name names here, but youre gonna have to trust me on this one, I believe zap is familiar with the guys I know within the organization and dont share the names zapp haha
Source?

I call BS bc Johnny was coming off 115 point season, had several PPG seasons and was UFA . Bratt isn’t even in the same class of player and had one good season and was RFA .

Eric Haula back in the fold. He signed a 3-year extension today to remain a Devil.
Solid signing. Good value. Wish rangers did that with frankie vatrano last offseason

Looks like sharangovich is gone now.

Apparently theyre about to sign meier to 8 X $8.5

Reactions: TM94goRU
Hall to Chicago for nothing. Big win for Bruins to get his contract off the books as I imagine Bertuzzi stays in Boston now.

Maybe we've got eyes on another goalie from north Canada. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT