ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

Fitz for GM of the year! Tyler brings sandpaper. Add in a full year of Timo, and we have a lot more protection for our frontline stars.

We get a player with multiple Stanley Cups, coming off a career year, going into a contract year. Consider this, the Devils traded Yegor and Damon plus the 3rd round pick we got for Damon, to Calgary for Tyler Toffoli. That's originally their pick and 2 players we weren't going to sign, for the perfect RW for us in a contract year.

Yes it is way early, but this trade alone 😆 should win Fitz GM of the year. Oh and Balsa Blackwood off the team, a great day! Enjoy the draft on ESPN at 7 pm today.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Fitz for GM of the year! Tyler brings sandpaper. Add in a full year of Timo, and we have a lot more protection for our frontline stars.

We get a player with multiple Stanley Cups, coming off a career year, going into a contract year. Consider this, the Devils traded Yegor and Damon plus the 3rd round pick we got for Damon, to Calgary for Tyler Toffoli. That's originally their pick and 2 players we weren't going to sign, for the perfect RW for us in a contract year.

Yes it is way early, but this trade alone 😆 should win Fitz GM of the year. Oh and Balsa Blackwood off the team, a great day! Enjoy the draft on ESPN at 7 pm today.
The fact he wasn't even nominated is a farce.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Tofolli replaces Tatar
Get Tarasenko to replace Sharongovich
Unless they have confidence in Holtz

Luke replaces Severson

Who will replace Graves and Wood?
I don't think we can afford a top line player, if anyone I would be knocking on Tampa's door about Colton.

As for Wood, maybe Foote? It's is known that Fitz thinks highly of his potential.

I'm wondering if Holtz is Fitz's plan to get back in tonight's first round. Oh also don't be surprised if Graves' rights are traded soon.

And the addition of Toffoli, this team is tough enough, sure you always look to add more grit (ie Colton), but they showed in the playoffs against a team some in here said would rough them up that they more than held their own for a young team.

No one should be worried anymore about this team and it's toughness.

And the addition of Toffoli, this team is tough enough, sure you always look to add more grit (ie Colton), but they showed in the playoffs against a team some in here said would rough them up that they more than held their own for a young team.

No one should be worried anymore about this team and it's toughness.
It’s not tough enough. No way.

Add a physical angry defenseman and who will replace Wood’s speed and physicality but obviously smarter ?

It’s not tough enough. No way.

Add a physical angry defenseman and who will replace Wood’s speed and physicality but obviously smarter ?
Let's just agree to disagree on this (got other things to do than bicker about this), but you are right we will miss Wood's physicality.

My guess is the terms have been agreed upon (area of 8×8.5) but now it's about finalizing the structure of the contract

Tofolli replaces Tatar
Get Tarasenko to replace Sharongovich
Unless they have confidence in Holtz

Luke replaces Severson

Who will replace Graves and Wood?

Stay clear of tarasenko…..

Meier, Hischier, Mercer
Bratt, Hughes, Toffoli
Palat, Haula, Holtz
Bastian, McLeod, Lazar

Foote and Thompson should get a shot too.

On defense:

Hamilton, Hughes
Seigenthal, Bahl
Marino, Nemec

Trade for Helleybuck or ideally Logan thompson..who will be cheaper

Thompson, vanecek, Schmid.

Would be a great roster

Meier, Hischier, Mercer
Bratt, Hughes, Toffoli
Palat, Haula, Holtz
Bastian, McLeod, Lazar

On defense:

Hamilton, Hughes
Seigenthal, Bahl
Marino, Nemec

Would be a great roster
Haula is a wing
Nemec isn’t ready

Don’t have the assets to trade into the 1st round

Fitz is talking up Foote for trade value

Need more toughness
Holtz is still well thought of. There are multiple ways to get into round 1 if Fitz has someone in mind. We now have 2 2nd round picks for example.

Yes we need more toughness, I would love Colton to be next. That said Timo and now Tyler are a great start. Along with a correctly used Curtis Lazar. If all goes well, '24 could be a Cup Year.

Holtz is still well thought of. There are multiple ways to get into round 1 if Fitz has someone in mind. We now have 2 2nd round picks for example.

Yes we need more toughness, I would love Colton to be next. That said Timo and now Tyler are a great start. Along with a correctly used Curtis Lazar. If all goes well, '24 could be a Cup Year.
Colton was traded this morning to Colorado

• Wow

Meier, Hischier, Mercer
Bratt, Hughes, Toffoli
Palat, Haula, Holtz
Bastian, McLeod, Lazar

On defense:

Hamilton, Hughes
Seigenthal, Bahl
Marino, Nemec

Would be a great roster
Lazar provides options and depth, but I think 4th line RW is Foote's job to lose.

As an objective Rangers fan, the NJD moves certainly make them a much scarier team. I think Tafolli is an excellent pick-up / underrated player and on contract year will perform really well. Disagree that they need more toughness. Think they need to shore up defensive side of blue line and figure out goaltending.

He’s always been listed as a Wing

No he hasn’t. He’s always been listed as a C/LW

Bruins used him as a C. Vegas used him as an LW prior. Devils moved him back to Wing.

He was drafted by Wild, who used him at Center.

It’s clear he’s fine playing either position

Last edited:
As an objective Rangers fan, the NJD moves certainly make them a much scarier team. I think Tafolli is an excellent pick-up / underrated player and on contract year will perform really well. Disagree that they need more toughness. Think they need to shore up defensive side of blue line and figure out goaltending.
We need a one year stop gap at 3rd pair RHD.

I can probably write up the 2024-25 D pairings right now, and they are all in the organization already.

I'd be willing to ride Schmid and Vitek going into next year, but would not be suprised if Fitz looks to upgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT