ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

One more plus with this fleecing, now the Devils don't have to overpay for a guy like Michael Bunting. Given FA, he will probably be paid 2 to 3 million more, per year, than his production.

Save that money for Defense. Devils have 10.2 million left in cap space.

Sheesh

Bratt - Hischier - Mercer
Toffoli - Hughes - Meier
Good top 6.

Still a question on whether they have an NHL caliber starter in net. Not an above average goalie just merely one of starter quality. Devs also got caved in vs the canes and scored 2 goals or less in 8 of 12 playoff games. That first line is TINY

Good top 6.

Still a question on whether they have an NHL caliber starter in net. Not an above average goalie just merely one of starter quality. Devs also got caved in vs the canes and scored 2 goals or less in 8 of 12 playoff games. That first line is TINY
Bratt's small, Nico is probably above average size, while Mercer is average.

I think Vitek is NHL caliber starter, though maybe a below average one. Schmid has potential, but young, and unproven.

We definitely could have used some better finishing in the playoffs, and Carolina, a team with considerable playoff experience mind you, did take it to us, but this was our first go of it, was a positive experience and one that should help us going into next year.

Vanacek will likely be traded if Fitz wants Hellebucyk, or another big name goalie. Somehow we financially could actually fit the deal in the cap.

No Devils haters, the future is bright!

Vanacek will likely be traded if Fitz wants Hellebucyk, or another big name goalie. Somehow we financially could actually fit the deal in the cap.

No Devils haters, the future is bright!
If im the devs, I offer 2023 2nd, 2024 1st, vanacek and nolan foote for helly (they may want holtz instead of foote). Yes, it’ll be a 1 year rental considering they wont be able to resign him due to his price tag but itd make them instant cup favorites.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Only the uninformed would judge a player on a small scale of games.

On top of that he didn't just try, he succeeded antagonizing Igor.
It seemed to realllllyyyy work considering igor has the most goals saved above expected per 60 of any goalie in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year lol. At least avery would pot some vs marty in the playoffs

It seemed to realllllyyyy work considering igor has the most goals saved above expected per 60 of any goalie in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year lol. At least avery would pot some vs marty in the playoffs
I guess you missed Igor shooting the puck at him in Game 7 😀

If im the devs, I offer 2023 2nd, 2024 1st, vanacek and nolan foote for helly (they may want holtz instead of foote). Yes, it’ll be a 1 year rental considering they wont be able to resign him due to his price tag but itd make them instant cup favorites.
I would do it now in a heartbeat. They may have to trade a higher priced player to resign him, but I would do it.

See if Fitz can get his price down. He has done this multiple times, if not, then we trade someone to make it work. Besides the cap should start to climb. I see it happening because the moves this off-season make me think ownership wants a Cup now, if we can win it.

Still I think our first pick in this draft will be a goaltender.

Way too much for a rental. Go after Logan Thompson

I would do it now in a heartbeat. They may have to trade a higher priced player to resign him, but I would do it.

See if Fitz can get his price down. He has done this multiple times, if not, then we trade someone to make it work. Besides the cap should start to climb. I see it happening because the moves this off-season make me think ownership wants a Cup now, if we can win it.

Still I think our first pick in this draft will be a goaltender.
Is there a goalie worth taking first round tn? I havent looked at the goalie prospects. I want gavin brinley at 23 and my 2nd realistic choice is probably david edstrom (i dont like euros tho but he has good upside). A good boom or bust I feel is cristall if hes there but may be worth the risk. And lastly if somehow we could get matt wood id do backflips.

Tommy Fitz has showed he’s not after rentals. We’ll never afford to re-sign Helly after this year. So I don’t see the value of giving up assets for him.

Thompson is much cheaper with another year of control. Maybe even go after Saros who also has 2 years left and a bit cheaper

Reactions: czxqa
Is there a goalie worth taking first round tn? I havent looked at the goalie prospects. I want gavin brinley at 23 and my 2nd realistic choice is probably david edstrom (i dont like euros tho but he has good upside). A good boom or bust I feel is cristall if hes there but may be worth the risk. And lastly if somehow we could get matt wood id do backflips.
Not first round, second round. Reportedly there is a couple the Devils like, if available.

Tommy Fitz has showed he’s not after rentals. We’ll never afford to re-sign Helly after this year. So I don’t see the value of giving up assets for him.

Thompson is much cheaper with another year of control. Maybe even go after Saros who also has 2 years left and a bit cheaper
Rumor is that Askarov is the one on the market (I’m not sure I get that logic from NSH).

Vitek makes 3.5 mill , 2.3 million in buyout money disappears after this season , and cap is projected to go up 4-5 million . If fitzy can get him at 7-8 million it’s doable

Me too. Look at the last two cup winning goalies. It's not about the goalies like it use to be.
Goalie is very important. Hill got really hot. Vasy aint exactly a slouch either. Kuemper was the exception not the norm.

So by your standard Zib , bread man and kreider are 27+ million of non- existence bc they were actually net negatives in that series
Kreider? Lol. He was the leading scorer

Zib and bread, yes.

The Rangers and a talented forward prospect who isn’t that good of a skater. What can go wrong?

I do. Timo was non-existent in the rangers series outside of trying to antagonize igor. Did we watch the same series?
Led the team in shots at over 3 a game.

Also led the team in scoring chances, high danger chances, rush attempts, penalties drawn and hits.

Reactions: robcac26
Vitek makes 3.5 mill , 2.3 million in buyout money disappears after this season , and cap is projected to go up 4-5 million . If fitzy can get him at 7-8 million it’s doable
But for how long? Anything longer then 4 years is asking for trouble.

At the Devils quiet draft we have our first selection, at pick 59 we took RW Lenni Hameenaho. He is listed at 6ft. 1 in. 185lbs.

If it all comes together think Jay Pandolfo. Seems like a good 2-way middle 6 forward. However his skating needs work, which really concerns me given our system.

Reactions: RU-05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT