ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hurricane Isaias: heavy rain, high winds, and flooding in SC/NC/VA/MD/DE/PA/NJ/NY/New England

I'll be handing in my marijuana grow permit as soon as it's passed here in NJ. I don't smoke but what a lucrative cash crop. Got an acre plot all picked out for you. Unfortunately not sure we have the climate for Coca plants. So got any hippie stoner hookers?
I figure they won't ever legalize cocaine anyway. And probably shouldn't. Although doing so might prevent deaths from coke spiked with much stronger narcotics, and might take some money out of the cartel's hands.

Alas, I have no hippie stoner hookers. They keep getting the munchies and then getting too out of shape. Bad for business. :Wink:

Ignore the idiot. He has no clue. Still a lot of damage with this storm. 20 miles or so the other way we would have had the pleasure of 4-6 inches of rain with the wind. We were very lucky today.

4-6 in that quickly would have crushed us in Cranford. I’d still be pumping storm water out of my basement. And we aren’t in the flood zone.

4-6 in that quickly would have crushed us in Cranford. I’d still be pumping storm water out of my basement. And we aren’t in the flood zone.
Yup, you know it. I work in NB and the Raritan would not have been pretty too. Counting blessings today - got home from the hospital, no power outage and just a few branches down.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Ignore the idiot. He has no clue. Still a lot of damage with this storm. 20 miles or so the other way we would have had the pleasure of 4-6 inches of rain with the wind. We were very lucky today.

It’s odd someone living in Cali is posting in this thread, let alone failing miserably at trolling in it.

Clearly has way too much time on his hands. A pattern there with him.

Lots of trees down and roads closed in Princeton.
Princeton's utilities are a mess (including the overgrown trees they refuse to let PSEG cut back). They mostly have older neighborhoods with above ground wiring.

Reactions: Joey Bags
117294430_3301216153255281_3202183926343945313_n.png

Trees down in Middletown one came down in my backyard and took out my fence. No power.

This on top of a big Hail Storm in Italy over the weekend that took out all of my parents olives, about 100 trees worth. No fresh pressed olive oil this year

Just had a friend who lives about a mile away come by to put their frozen food in my fridge. Usually the other way around with the beach area in the darkness but for whatever reason it's not the case this time.

Westchester and Highlands hit pretty good. Trees down everywhere. 100k lost power - many still out. It wasn't Sandy but it made a solid try.

2VRNeWk.jpg

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Freehold area hit hard as well. I’m Still without power as many as well are and many down trees.

Reactions: RU848789
The transformer across the street just blew up so this is likely my last post for awhile with over 1MM without power on nj. Stay safe folks...
Transformer blew up near me too. I saw it from the window light up like Clark Griswold's house. No power on my street since 1pm.

Reactions: RU848789
No power since 11am.
Tree/branch came down on lines a couple houses down.

Same thing happened in the March 2017(2018?) snow storm and we lost power for a couple days.

Reactions: Vlife
Waves are bangin now. 6-7 feet.
They were like that earlier in Spring Lake. But when I rode my bike down later it was completely different. Nice decent size waves but not nearly as big and as rough. You still weren’t allowed in though.

My cousin just bought a new Jeep last week. There is now a tree on top of it.

I live in Clayton DE which is next to Smyrna where a confirmed tornado hit, it went straight up Dupont highway, you can tell from the broken tree tops and damaged homes as well as turn lights not working for several miles.

Reactions: rurichdog
No power since 11am.
Tree/branch came down on lines a couple houses down.

Same thing happened in the March 2017(2018?) snow storm and we lost power for a couple days.

2018. That was nuts. Drove over several powerlines.

Trees down in Middletown one came down in my backyard and took out my fence. No power.

This on top of a big Hail Storm in Italy over the weekend that took out all of my parents olives, about 100 trees worth. No fresh pressed olive oil this year
I feel your parents pain, losing crops suck. You still have to take care of the trees without the rewards. I was so bummed this year, late frosts killed off all the blooms from Nectarines, Plums and Peaches. Only ones to partially survive were our Elberta peaches.

When I was a kid I loved power outages. Whole family in one room, candles, fireplaces if it was winter. Now I hate them. They suck. Can't sleep because of the noise from everyone's generators and pissed at myself for not getting one myself!

About an inch of rain and lots of wind here. No loss of power or downed trees.
Whew. I'm such a lucky guy.

They were like that earlier in Spring Lake. But when I rode my bike down later it was completely different. Nice decent size waves but not nearly as big and as rough. You still weren’t allowed in though.

On my block alone last night around 5PM, there were at least 40-50 people out surfing and throngs of people watching. It never ceases to amaze me at the talent level of some of these little kids, some as young as 9 or 10 years old

Did Spring Lake build a huge apartment complex? The geographical awareness of News12 is pitiful.
newjersey.news12.com/story/42453376/massive-tree-traps-6-cars-at-apartment-complex-in-spring-lake

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT